Friday, March 6, 2009

World Baseball Classic Predictions

In conjunction with my poll, I was wondering who people think is going to win the World Baseball Classi. Personally, I see it coming down to three teams...Japan, USA, and the Dominican Republic.

My pick to win it all is the Dominican Republic, they're certainly going to put up runs, with Robinson Cano, Big Papi, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Miguel Tejada, Fernando Tatis, and Jose Guillen. The question could be their pitching staff, their rotation will probably look something like this...

1) Pedro Martinez
2) Edinson Volquez
3) Johnny Cueto
4) Ubaldo Jimenez
5) Odalis Perez

While this rotation could be a little shaky, I think they will have success at the WBC, look for Edison Volquez to throw the ball really well.

Plus they have a solid bullpen with Carlos Marmol, Damaso Marte, Julian Tavarez, and Jose Arredondo


Heres how I think the WBC will turn out

Semis
Japan defeats Cuba
Dominican Republic defeats USA

Championship
Dominican Republic defeats Japan

What does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

website hit counter design
Hit counter provided by hit counter website.
Powered By Blogger