Friday, July 17, 2009

Iowa Basketball signs son of former Hawkeye Legend

Earlier this month, Todd Lickliter picked up a committment for the 2010 recruiting class. He is the son of a former Hawkeye great, in fact, his father is the all-time leader scorer in school history.

I'm referring to Roy Marble. Marble, who played from 1986-1989, scored 2,116 points and led the Hawks to a Elite 8 and Sweet 16 appearance.

His son, Roy Marble Jr., a 6'5", 175-pound shooting guard, committed to Iowa on July 2nd . The Southfield, Michigan native averaged 22 points and 9 rebounds during his junior season. According to Rivals.com, Marble hd also received offers from Dayton and Providence.

"Even if he hadn't gone to Iowa, I probably would have still picked them," he said in the Des Moines Register. "As far as him being the career scoring leader, that's a challenge. But it was more of a worry to my parents than to me. I'll do whatever needs to be done. I'm not saying I'm going to break his records. I'm just going to play to the best of my abilities."


Here's what ESPN has to say about Marble Jr.

"Roy is a solid wing guard with a lot of potential. He has been improving a great deal this summer. He is good (not great) in almost all facets of the game. Marble is a solid shooter with range to 20 feet. He is able to create his own shot some but I would not call that a strength at this point. He is good at the "catch and shoot" and when he gets to the rim he has solid athleticism that allows him to finish above the basket. Roy is long and thin and has a tremendous upside. He should be a good long term get for the Hawkeyes."


No comments:

Post a Comment

website hit counter design
Hit counter provided by hit counter website.
Powered By Blogger